Friday, October 26, 2007

General session: politics and the media


A political reporter from CNN named Sam Feist spoke about the role of journalists and about his passion for politics. That man really loves his job. He told us to find an area of journalism that we're really passionate about, and I think that's great advice. That really spoke to me, but a lot of the political stuff didn't mean too much to me; I'm not that interested in politics.

Actually, a lot of what he said spoke to me. For example, he said that our role as journalists is to challenge authority, get the story and make sure those in power are telling the truth. He also said, "If it's something you believe in, do it. Don't worry about the money. The money will come if you're good at it and if you're really passionate about it." I love that, and I think my family needs to hear it!

Leigh

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well said.