Friday, October 26, 2007

Photography Lighting

I was surprised at myself for only attending one photography session, but I'm not so sure I even learned anything from it. Paul Fetters, a D.C. freelance photographer, has shot for various newspapers like USA Today and has even photographed the godfather himself, Francis Ford Coppola. He started the session with some pictures from his calendar project, which is when he took a new picture everyday and posted it on his website. Some of the shots had very interesting lighting, and I was excited to embark on this great photography adventure. After the slideshow he took pictures of one of the students, using new light each time he shot. He briefly talked about different lighting and ways to create it. The best advice I received from this session was to shoot everyday. It helps not only to build up a portfolio, but to increase knowledge and skill as well.

Mary Manno

No comments: