Friday, October 26, 2007

Web site Traffic Building 101

This session was held by College Publisher. It was fairly informative. They were big on receiving reader content, which I guess is great for schools were students actually care about the world around them (not NSU). Polls, surveys, questions of the day... They also suggested adding podcasts(which I'd like to start emphasising next semester), adding the audio slideshow application, setting up links to related information, and creating a constant IM for the newspaper where people can contact you at all times.

The most useful information was how to contact College Publisher. I talked to Michael(Mike), who has been with the company for five years, and picked up his card. He said that any changes we want to do with the layout(yes please), adding applications(yes, please), or getting general information(YES, PLEASE) would be accessible by calling or e-mailing him. I'm also going to a session about the newest edition of College Publisher that is scheduled to be released next year. I'm excited about that. I might be able to give poor Devon(the Web editor) some relief.

Kera Simon

No comments: