Friday, October 26, 2007

Remember the Reader

This session made me depressed, because I seriously think that Dr. Furr would have a heart attack if we tried these things. We could do some of those things in life, but I don't think most of it was appropriate for the news section. We are also just now discovering the power of color (thank you, spot color), so the majority of it would look weird in black and white.

This was one of those sessions where the guy stands there and shows us examples. The lights were turned off, and I got sleepy.

I must admit, we could be using more fun photo illustrations than we are. It would give our photographers more freedom. Cutouts would be fun to do as well, but at a minimum. I also got some good life story ideas like gifts for the holidays, an overview of foreign clubs, etc.

The session was also good for some graphic ideas. Jen would have loved it, but it probably depressed her too.

Kera Simon

No comments: