Thursday, October 25, 2007

Dinner at THE DINER.

After an hour of settling in, freshening up and getting registered downstairs, NSU student media was ready to get to the business of dinner. I had insisted that all of us have dinner together the night that we arrived in DC, and everyone wanted to know where I would be dragging them for this much-ballyhooed meal. People, trust me!!

We trooped over (up, actually) to Adams Morgan, a lively district about a half mile from the hotel, and I ushered my entourage into one of my local favorites, THE DINER. The host pushed a table together with a booth to seat us right away. I could tell that after eating nothing but airport food all day and enduring all of that uphill cardio, this group was ready to chow down.

As plates of Greek pasta, Caribbean sandwiches and Philly omelets appeared -- and quickly disappeared -- we could finally relax, unwind and laugh about the day's trials and tribulations. I hope this camaraderie, sprung from a long day of travel and sealed over grilled cheese and home fries, continues to develop over our next few days in D.C.

Dr. Lee

No comments: