Thursday, October 25, 2007

Rolling Suitcases unite!!!


For some reason, sitting in the airport Wednesday morning made me really nervous. Maybe it was because I was about to conquer (like many airplane trips before) my fear of heights and embrace the unknowingness of the sky. Maybe it was because I was reading "Into the Wild", a book about a free spirit embracing the road for two years, finally starving to death in Alaska. The only thing I did know was that I was early. My mom, being the wonderful person that she is, demanded dropping me off at the airport about 20 minutes till I had to be there.

After defeating the wannabe Airforce 1, also known as the Shreveport jet, I waited anxiously with Dr. Lee, Jim and Lauren to see if we won a seat on the 11:45 plane. Oh, the joyous life of a standby flyer. By some miracle of God, all three of us made it on the plane and into Washington in one piece. Since we have been here it has been an interesting ride. There are a lot of important people walking on the streets (and by important I mean they have a suitcase and are listening to an iPod). The Wall Street posers line the subways, and we knowingly took them down with our rolling suitcases.

Mary Manno

No comments: