Thursday, October 25, 2007

Writing Game Stories Worth Reading

This session was great! I decided to attend a sports session because I feel that the sports sections within NSU student media needs some work.

I am not a sports person and have never been interested in writing about sports...until now. The session has inspired me to become a sports writer! I can't wait to get back and get to work.

The speaker addressed problems within the college sports publication. He provided an example of what a good sports story should contain and we are going to print a copy for all sports writers when we get back.

A sports story should not be about stats,scores, or quotes. It should emphasize the most interesting angle of the game in order to draw the reader in and include sources from both teams. There was so much information in this session that I can't blog about all of it. He did give us a Web site, http://www.onsportz.com/, as a resource he created for college sports writers that is definitely worth checking.

Brittany Byrd

No comments: