Friday, October 26, 2007

So you want to be a foreign correspondent?


Yes, I want to be a foreign correspondent, so I thought this one sounded like a winner for me. It wasn't exactly what I was expecting, which was maybe another foreign correspondent speaking about the path he took. Instead, representatives from two different institutions talked about opportunities for studying abroad. One of the programs is focused on the media aspect, but the other is mainly about studying another culture.

I'm going to take a serious look into the Institute for Education in International Media, because it seemed like I could gain some invaluable experience about shooting and editing video and doing podcasts, which I know nothing about. The program is only four weeks long, but one student that went to Italy last summer discussed how much she learned and how helpful that experience has turned out to be.

Leigh

No comments: