Friday, October 26, 2007

Sports: It's All About The Story

Apparently all of the students from the first session presented by Eric Adelson, including myself, were inspired enough to return to his second session. Adelson decided to use this second session, which was originally supposed to address finding a story within a game, as an open forum. Students asked questions ranging from "How do I make the most of my internship?" to "How do you write about sports that aren't interesting?" The main point that really hit home with me was when Adelson said: " The stories you write aren't about sports, they are about people who play sports." It is up to the writer to make people care about sports, even if they know nothing about it. Sports writers must paint a picture, tell the reader what the sights, smells, sounds, etc. where like and what the turning point of the game was in order to tell the story accurately. I really enjoyed sitting there and absorbing all of the information Adelson was sharing. It made me wish for a sports writing class at NSU... (hint, hint)

-- Lauren Sciba

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good day nsuindc.blogspot.com admin found your website via search engine but it was hard to find and I see you could have more visitors because there are not so many comments yet. I have discovered website which offer to dramatically increase traffic to your website http://mass-backlinks.com they claim they managed to get close to 4000 visitors/day using their services you could also get lot more targeted traffic from search engines as you have now. I used their services and got significantly more visitors to my website. Hope this helps :) They offer most cost effective services to increase website traffic at this website http://mass-backlinks.com